For those with dietary challenges, finding a recipe that’s not too complex to whip up is a joy. And often I am making a separate meal to the rest of the family to cater for the restricted items on a paleo eating plan (non dairy, grain free and gluten free). However; when my children notice I’m making this recipe, I begin to get requests for a slice.
The smaller skillet is not up to the task of feeding a family of six. So I began to adjust the recipe to fit a large roasting pan. This recipe does the job.
If you are after a larger serving, try this recipe out.
You will notice that we like to use the scan pan stainless steel pans for cooking in our home. They are easy to clean, seem to last the distance, suit our induction cooktop, have a non toxic coating and are reasonably priced for the quality (especially when you wait for the sales).
Mega Paleo Dutch Baby Pancake
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 8 eggs
- ⅓ Cup tapioca starch
- ⅓ Cup coconut flour
- 2 scoop protein powder optional
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 apples sliced
- ½ cup blueberries
- handful of almond flakes
- Pre heat oven to 220°C. Place oil in pan/dutch oven and pop into the oven.
- Add eggs to a processor and blend.
- Add tapioca starch, coconut flour, protein powder, vanilla extract, salt and coconut milk to the blender and mix well.
- Pour mixture carefully into very hot pan. Add sliced apples, blueberries and almond flakes on top of mixture.
- Cook for 15 - 20min. Carefully, remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Slice and serve with maple syrup.